Message from our Senior Pastor
Dear Church Family, God has so richly blessed our church for some 89 years. We have seen God work in special ways through the years and look forward to many more. I am thankful to be your pastor and to pray for you daily. God has blessed us with a sweet fellowship in which we love one another, serve one another, rejoice with one another, and even cry with one another. Through it all, we serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ together and for His glory. Looking at the past, we can see truly blessed days of ministry and Kingdom success. I sincerely believe, however, that our greatest days still lie ahead. God has such an awesome mission for us to fulfill. The fields are indeed “white unto harvest.” Lift up your head Church – Serve with Gladness – Labor for the Master until He comes! He is worth our very best! I love you with all my heart, Rev. Troy Peeples
Delaney Street Baptist Church exists to glorify God by making fully devoted disciples of Jesus Christ in the Greater Orlando area.
Our passion and desire is to see God the Father glorified as we lift up His Son Jesus Christ, to reach the lost with His gospel, and to serve Him with compassion and excellence. We acknowledge Jesus as the Cornerstone of our church, the Bible as our blueprint for Christian living, and our eight core values as the framework for accomplishing our mission to present Jesus as Savior and pursue Christ as Lord.
OUR CORE VALUES
Lordship of Christ
CORE VALUES EXPLAINED:
Lordship of Christ
Key Verses: John 1:1-4, 14; Col 1:13-20
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God and Lord of both heaven and earth (Rom 14:9, Eph 1:22-23, Col 1:9-20).
- We believe Jesus is the Cornerstone and Head of our church (Eph 2:20).
- We believe He made provision for the redemption of humanity from sin through His sacrificial death on the cross (Rom 5:6-8, 19-20).
- We believe every believer is commanded to yield to a life of discipleship in submissive obedience and repentance (Luke 6:46-49; 14:25-33; Rom 12:1-2).
- Therefore, we joyfully submit ourselves and all our activities to His will and good pleasure that He might be glorified (Ephesians 4:15, Phil 2:5-11).
- We see our people developing a deeper understanding of Jesus Christ as Lord, High Priest, Advocate and King.
- We see our people submitting to the Lord’s leadership in the church and His authority as the Head of the Church.
- We see our people developing a deeper understanding of the Lordship of Christ in their families, vocations, and ministries.
Key Verses: Psalm 119; John 17:17; II Tim 3:15-17
- We believe scripture is the authoritative, infallible, and inerrant word of God (Psalm 12:6a; John 17:17; Heb 4:4; I Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe God reveals Himself to mankind through the inspired word, and faith comes by hearing the word of God (Psalm 25:14; Matt 7:24; Acts 2:28; Rom 10:17).
- We believe scripture is useful in teaching, correcting, and training in righteousness and the final authority in all matters of belief and behavior (II Timothy 3:15-17).
- We believe the Word of God is proclaimed from the pulpit to reach the lost and mature the saints (Romans 10:14; Titus 1:9).
- Therefore, we hold to biblical teaching and preaching as the foundation and authority of church ministries and the Christian life (II Tim 2:15).
- We see our people having a high view of scripture and responding obediently to the authoritative, infallible, inerrant, and sufficient word of God.
- We see our people being transformed through the study of the inspired word of God.
- We see our Sunday School thriving and expanding as children, students, and adults hunger for sound biblical teaching.
Key Verses: Psalm 96, 99; John 4:23-24
- We believe we are created by God to worship Him, and glorifying God is the ultimate reason for our existence (John 4:23-24; Psalm 96; 135; 145).
- We believe personal and corporate worship must be offered in spirit and in truth (John 4:23).
- We believe worship is encountering God, who is our Creator and Sustainer of life (Psalm 95:6; 96; 99; 150).
- We believe it is vital for God’s people to come together for a time of biblical worship where Christ is exalted and lives are changed (Psalm 34:13; John 4:23; Psalm 95:6; Heb 10:25).
- Therefore, we will praise and worship the Lord passionately in spirit and in truth as a local body of believers with all of our hearts, minds, and souls.
- We see our people eagerly worshipping God in a sincere lifestyle where the Lord is honored and glorified.
- We see our people unified by living a life of worship as they surrender to God for Christian ministry and missions.
- We see our people regularly inviting and bringing others to encounter and worship the true and living God.
Key Verses: Acts 2:42; James 5:16
- We believe prayer is the foundation for all Kingdom work to guide us in vision, purpose, fellowship, core values, and kingdom strategy (II Chron 7:14; John 14:13; Acts 1-2; Rom 12:2; I John 5:14).
- We believe a constant and consistent attitude of prayer is essential for accomplishing God’s plan for our church (Luke 11:5-28; 18:1-8; Eph 1:6; I Tim 2:1).
- We believe prayer is essential communication between God and man, and the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf according to the will of God (Acts 22:17; Rom 8:26; James 5:16).
- We believe God answers both personal & corporate prayers according to His grace & providence (Matt 6:9-13;26:39; Psalm 120:1).
- Therefore, we will pray continually and purposely for the will of God to be accomplished in our lives and in the life of our church.
- We see our people fervently praying for God’s daily direction and seeking answers as they submit to Christ.
- We see our people embracing an attitude of total dependence on God through prayer for the advancement of His Kingdom and for His blessing and power upon our ministries.
- We see individuals, small groups, and the entire church body united together in devoted and continual prayer.
- We see weekly prayer services, overflowing with men, women, and students, passionate about praising God and seeking His direction.
Key Verses: Romans 1:16-17; Rom 12:1-2
- We believe the gospel message of Jesus Christ is the power of God for salvation by His grace through personal faith and not of works (Romans 1:16-17; Eph 2:4-10).
- We believe the impact of the gospel is to both win converts and transform people’s values, lifestyles, hearts, and minds according to God’s will (Romans 12:1-2; II Cor 10:3-6).
- We believe all Christians must be intentionally discipled, pursue a daily growing personal relationship with Christ, and be responsible for becoming more like Christ in their beliefs and conduct (Matt 28:18-20; Eph 4:13; Col 1:28).
- Therefore, we will provide opportunities for every believer to develop a Christian worldview and provide opportunities for reaching out to our community with the gospel of Christ (Col 4:5).
- We see our people consistently bringing the lost to Jesus Christ through personal evangelism and pressing on to spiritual maturity through faithful discipleship.
- We see our people identifying their spiritual gifts through the Word of God and being equipped for ministry with a desire to lead a Christ-like life.
Key Verses – Ephesians 4:1-16, Acts 2:42-46
- We believe in a strong, loving Christian community that embraces opportunities for personal Christian growth and building relationship with others to meet the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of our church (Eph 4:1-16; John 13:34-35; Phil 2:1-5; I Cor 1:9; Acts 2:44-47; I John 1:3-7).
- We believe biblical fellowship with one another reflects a deeper, more intimate concern and care for each other, that causes the lost to see and accept the love of Christ (Acts 2:44-47; Matt 5:13-16).
- We believe mature Christians have a responsibility to facilitate the growth of all believers by developing intentional relationships, teaching the essential truths of Christianity, and modeling a growth of faith (Rom 1:12; Titus 2:1-14; 3:1-11).
- Therefore, we will actively pursue personal, family, and staff relationships based on grace, integrity, accountability, service, honor, and encouragement.
- We see our people pursuing a loving biblical fellowship with Jesus Christ and each other.
- We see our people reaching out to others with God’s salvation message in compassion and love.
- We see our people embracing opportunities for personal spiritual growth and building caring relationships with each other in the church family.
- We see our people using spiritual gifts to strengthen and encourage each other toward spiritual maturity.
Key Verses – Matt 28:18-20; Colossians 4:2-6
- We believe God gave us the Great Commission to take His message of love to all the world and share Jesus as the only way to the Father (Matt 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; John 14:6; Acts 4:12).
- We believe Delaney Street Baptist Church should intentionally pursue God’s mission for His glory among all peoples by following His patterns and His ways of expanding His kingdom (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 14:26-33; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:37-47).
- We believe that every member of Delaney Street Baptist Church should adopt the posture, thinking, behaviors, and practices of a missionary in order to engage others with the gospel message (Isaiah 6; Acts 9:22; 17:16-34; Phil 3:7-16; 4:13; Col 4:2-5; I Peter 1:13-16).
- We believe God blesses each believer with unique spiritual gifts and provides us with opportunities to use those gifts for Him and His Kingdom (Rom 12:3-8; I Cor 12:1-31; I Peter 4:10-11).
- We believe every member of Delaney Street Baptist Church is a minister and is called to ministry (Eph 4:11-16; I Cor 12; II Cor 3).
- Therefore, we endeavor to make every part of life, every activity, and every ambition an active participation in God’s Kingdom work by strategically implementing our time, gifts, talents, prayers, and resources within the church, community, and the world.
- We see our people being “On Mission” with God by being obedient to our Lord’s commands, sensitive to the Holy Spirit’s leading, and engaging the lost world with the message of biblical salvation.
- We see our people following God’s mission consciously and intentionally in active obedient participation with God.
- We see our people adopting a lifestyle of ministry and reconciliation where spiritual gifts and natural abilities meet the God-ordained opportunities of our mission field.
- We see our people preparing evangelistic outreach events and creating relevant ministries in order to reach all people groups within our community.
Key Verses- Malachi 3:8-10; Mk 8:34-36; Rom 12:6-13; II Cor 8-9
- We believe our commitment to Jesus Christ is the center of Christian stewardship. When He becomes Lord of our life, He becomes Lord of our time, talents, finances, and everything else (Col 1:10-12,18; Luke 14:25-33).
- We believe Christians should faithfully respond with all of their life to God who is the giver and sustainer of life (Gen 1:26; Rom 12:1-2).
- We believe Christians should give cheerfully and regularly of their time, talent, and financial resources to the ministry of Christ’s Church as God blesses them (Deut 8:18, Rom 12:6-13; II Cor 8; 9:7).
- We believe the tithe is the biblical benchmark for obedient Christian giving and overflowing blessings come to those who faithfully give (Mal 3:8-10).
- Therefore, we will seek to effectively manage and utilize all the resources that God has blessed us with to expand His kingdom, benefit His people, and glorify Him.
- Therefore, we will endeavor to teach, encourage, and train our members to joyful & generous support Kingdom work through their bountiful tithes and offerings.
- We see our people adopting a lifestyle of stewardship that recognizes God’s ownership of everything and practicing the Biblical principle of tithes and offerings to support Kingdom work.
- We see our people giving cheerfully and faithfully to the missions and ministries of Delaney Street Baptist Church to reach the world for Christ in obedience to God’s word.
- We see our people wisely utilizing and managing all the resources the Lord provides for His glory and the benefit of His Kingdom.